Monday, May 10, 2010

P90X Day One...

Alright, so, I got the DVDs for the workouts sometime last week.....and, until today, all I had done was watch a few and freak out a little bit at how much my fatness was going to hold me back from doing the workouts completely!

BUT....I paid for this, I committed and by-goley I'm gonna do it!!

So, today, I started out with Plyometrics instead of the Chest and Back DVD because I injured myself and hyper extended my left elbow by carrying GROCERIES incorrectly..... this is another reason that I have to do P90X.....I need to carry GROCERIES!! Embarassing...I know.

Plyometrics is an hour of non-stop jumping, squating, lunging, jumping and comination jumping/squating.....you get the idea. About 15 minutes into the damn DVD, I was ready to start cooling down....and then I realized that I had only finished the WARM UP!!

I stuck with it and with the help of my awesome workout partner, the man that I love like a friend, Dima, I completed the DVD. Now, don't get me wrong...I took a few "extra" breaks in the DVD because the movements were crazy hard, but I have to say that I'm impressed with what I kept up with....also, with how much I liked it. A lot of the moves reminded me of the things I had to do in middle/high school with volleyball and tennis and I always liked the sports drills because they weren't just static movements of one motion for one muscle.

All in all....enjoyed getting my ass kicked by Tony Horton today and will be coming back for another serving in the morning! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment