Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2 Down, 88 to go!!

Today....Chest and Back. In P90X terms, that means Push ups and Pull Ups....lots of them. About an hour of them. Really, just too many of them.

I'm sure you, my internet friends, are scratching your head thinking, "Wait, Vivian, YOU can do PULL UPS???"....... No. BUT, I can do pull downs until the glorious day comes when I can confidently step up to the pull up bar and raise myself off the ground!!!

Until then, I will do pull downs with the resistance band- which still hurts and stinks.

There were 2 rounds....it basically had us going between pull ups and push ups....all different versions. Tony Horton tells us, "Set a goal! How many reps do you want to do of this push up? Say it out loud!".... eveyone on the video does a round robin of "20!", another "25!" and the token girl on the video says, "31!".... I say, "5!", "10!".....yup...

But, I surprised myself....a few times I hit 15 and 16... Good workout....


Let's see, my legs, butt and lower back are crazy sore from yesterday. Today, I am already feeling the pain in my shoulders, chest, biceps and triceps. At this rate, the only exercise I'm going to be able to do tomorrow will be finger pulls...maybe thumb war?

I know it's only day 2...but I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment